Thank you again for your interest in applying to The University of Arizona College of Medicine at South Campus Family Medicine Residency Program. Positions are offered through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). The program code is: 120-03-31-692
We use the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) for our application process. Only those applying through ERAS will be considered. Please contact your Dean's Office for further information regarding this process.
Interviews will be scheduled following review of application materials. Application information is used by faculty to select individuals to interview whose goals and interests seem compatible with those of our program.
A completed application will consist of the following:
- ERAS application
- Personal statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (one from a Family Physician with whom you have worked with)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE, previously called Dean's Letter)
- Medical school transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Explanations of any gaps in training
- Test scores (such as USMLE or COMLEX)
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUATES
International applicants must meet the following additional requirements:
Applicants must have a valid ECFMG Certificate (http://www.ecfmg.org/certification/)
Applicant must have passed USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK and CS
Applicant must enter on a J1 Visa, no other visa types are sponsored. Any premium processing fee is the responsibility of applicant
TIMELINE AND DEADLINES
The application deadline is December 1, 2016. Interview season begins week of October 30, 2016, and ends January 14, 2017. Interviews are conducted on Thursdays and Fridays.
Applications are reviewed through ERAS as they are received. Eligible applicants will be contacted by email or phone regarding the offering of an interview. Interviews occur during the months of October, November, December and January.
Please also note that there are two family medicine residency programs affiliated with The University of Arizona in Tucson: The University of Arizona Family Medicine program (UA), and The University of Arizona College of Medicine Residency at South Campus (UACOM at SC). Applicants who are invited to interview with both programs may be scheduled to interview with the UA program on Thursday morning and with the UACOM at SC program on Friday morning.
- Applicants must have a clear interest in family medicine
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school within the past 5 years
- Applicants should have a minimum of 6 months hands on clinical experience (not observorships) within the United States within the past 2 years
- Applicants must have taken USMLE Step 2 CS and CK or COMLEX Step 2 by the time of the Match, preferably applicants will have passed these exams prior to the Match.
- Application deadline is December 1.
Melody Jordahl-Iafrato, MD
Telephone: (520) 874-4880
FAX: (520) 874-4882
For more information about applying through ERAS, see your Graduate Medical Education office, or read about it on the ERAS home page at: https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/
Please note that as a condition of employment, all new Banner residents must obtain a valid fingerprint clearance card, in accordance with A.R.S.S 15-1881, and pass a criminal background check.